Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What's your summer project?

The dog days of summer are here. It's the time when you would rather be indoors than outdoors due to the sweltering heat. So what do you do with all of your downtime not spent on the beach or bopping around the city?

This summer I have vowed to do 2 things:
  • Finish my wedding album (before my 2nd wedding anniversary!)
  • Digitally archive my family's archival photos (I'm talking my Mom and Dad when they were babies!)
Now, don't get me wrong, it has literally taken me years of saying I was going to accomplish these two goals. But I am thinking that the reward will be worth the pain. I figure I will be all set when ready to make my family history film and my children and children's children will be happy that I have secured their family history by digitally archiving the photos.

My digital archiving tip:
Use a program like File Maker Pro to catalog the photos you are digitally archiving. That way you can store them with approximate dates, events and people marked.

Stay tuned for excepts from my summer project soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin