Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In Case of Emergency

Recently, I was faced with hours to evacuate my home. In the face of adversity, I had to quickly decipher my most necessary belongings and coveted items. Clothing, valuables and important documents topped the list for immediate survival needs, however, it was my photo albums and home video that made my heart skip a beat and dash to my closet and retrieve.

Thankfully, I was not faced with fire, water or gas, therefore, I knew I could return to my home at some later date and take all my precious items that make up my home. But it got me thinking, if that were not the case, what would I grab first or worse than that, what if I couldn't take anything at all?

Since then, I have vowed to digitally archive all of my most precious photos and home video, copy them several times and disperse them amongst family and friends. You never know what is going to happen in life, but you can be as prepared as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin