Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I *heart* Super8

Call me old fashioned, but in the days of digital and HD, the look and feel of film still has my heart! When it came down to picking a videographer for my wedding I knew that I wanted to be captured by the beauty of Super 8mm film on my big day. Not only does Super 8mm film make everything feel romantic and ethereal, it is quite flattering as well! I researched high and low and found 2 very talented individuals in the forefront of the wedding videography field (which is definitely filled with a lot of junk!) and I thought I would share those with you today!

Megan of Hello Super 8 is truly gifted at capturing the essence of your wedding day (she also does family films!). For couples looking for an alternative to the typical wedding video, Megan shoots solely in Super8 and edits together a truly unique, personalized wedding video that will blow your mind-whimsical, romantic, fun, rockin' (she's got great music taste!) and beautiful. It is guaranteed to be a keepsake forever! Check out samples of her work on her website.

My second pick is Wes of Film Jones. We chose Wes to make our wedding film. He uses a blend of Super8 film and digital video to create his masterpieces. We waited on pins and needles for our film and were completely blown away with the results! The combination of both formats together is a perfect fit. Wes has a gift in the editing room knowing just when to use the Super8 to tug at your heart strings and when to beautifully illustrate the beauty of your wedding in crystal clear digital film. I have watched our 40 minute film over and over and never get bored. Being in the business, I thought I might be inclined to re-edit but it was perfect the first time around capturing the essence of us as a couple and the fun, sentimental moments in the day.

For those interested, you can see a clip of our wedding film here: http://www.vimeo.com/7178556

Happy choosing! If you go with one of these two talents, you can't go wrong.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin